Job Description: Part-Time Team Member
CIC Cambridge is looking for a dedicated and thorough individual to support the day-to-day operations of our commercial office space. Starting wage for this position is $15/hour for approximately 25-30 hours/week. This position requires availability to begin work at 10:30am and work until approximately 4:30pm during weekdays.
CIC is a community of startups. Our mission is to make the world better by helping create powerful innovation ecosystems. We do that by helping innovators and entrepreneurs launch new ventures quickly and efficiently, giving them a resource-rich environment in which to succeed.
We serve approximately 600 companies, including many startups, across two buildings in Kendall Square, Cambridge. We offer a unique working environment that combines private, secure office areas alongside many shared facilities. We seek to support our client companies by providing them with a strong office environment while they focus on their core business. We work to ensure that our clients are happy every day they are here.
Our staff consists of a growing group of bright people who enjoy problem solving on a daily basis. We pride ourselves on displaying a high degree of care and accuracy in everything we do.
Interested candidates may wish to watch the short videos at cic.us.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Overall, we like to employ service-minded people who are reliable, clever, and able to work independently. It’s not expected that you’ll know everything that we do on day one. What’s important is that you are a bright person, interested in what we’re doing, and willing to learn.
More specifically, we are looking for someone who possesses the following characteristics:
- Personable and naturally enjoys helping others
- Enjoys working on their feet and being on the move
- Independent, trustworthy, and willing to learn
- Detail-oriented and organized with solid time management skills
- Comfortable around basic office technologies
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This person will join one of our Community Teams, which are each composed of several full-time and part-time employees. These teams work together to satisfy the day-to-day needs of our clients and ensure that the physical space is functional and organized. Some work will be independent while at other times it will require collaboration with other members of the CIC staff.
We are a team-based company, and you will be evaluated on your performance by the other members of the team.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with moving furniture between offices and basic cleaning of vacant spaces like vacuuming or dusting
- Change toner and troubleshoot jammed printers/copiers
- Maintain and organize storage inventories
- Assist with setup of event spaces
- Help with restocking kitchens, including receiving and maintaining inventory
- Assemble high-end office furniture
- Upkeep of conference rooms, shower rooms, phone booths, and other shared areas
- Restock copier paper and other daily supplies
- As needed and schedule permitting, assist the Community Team with other office tasks
ATTRACTIONS OF WORKING AT CIC
- Fun people in a funky environment. What does our staff love most about working here? Their colleagues!
- Cool, creative clients. The ~2000 clients and staff at CIC are sharp, diverse, motivated, and work in mostly startup high tech and life sciences companies.
- Central location. CIC is a stone’s throw from the Kendall Square MBTA Red Line stop.
- Did we mention a funky environment? Chic tech workspace that inspires innovation and community. Kitchens with Italian soda machines, peanut M&Ms, a bounty of fruit, kettle cooked chips, and so much more. Access to Venture Cafe, the largest networking gathering in the entrepreneurial community in the Boston area.
- Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community in Cambridge/Boston.
- A natural interest for helping/supporting others
- Ability to work weekdays starting at 10:30am
- Experience in customer-facing roles a plus.